Podcar City 9 is the go-to event for the Automated Transit Networks community
Podcar City is coming to Silicon Valley, the home of technology innovation, automation and entrepreneurship – but also an area with severe highway congestion, increasing employment and growing need for sustainable mobility.
Podcar City conferences are organized by the Institute for Sustainable Transportation of Sweden and its California sister organization, the International Institute of Sustainable Transportation, INIST, and sponsored by the Advanced Transit Association, ATRA. Podcar City conferences have been held since 2007 in Sweden, Germany and the USA.
Opportunities for presenters
The conference provides the prime opportunity for reaching a leading professional group of individuals and institutions in the Automated Transit Network community, and organizations involved in related development. All proceedings are recorded and distributed through INIST, the Podcar City website, and YouTube. The material gets considerable attention with many downloads every year.
The conference program will address the role of podcars and automated transit networks in multimodal shared mobility; and the interplay between mobility, energy, cityscape and livability. We invite you to submit an abstract for a paper, poster and/or presentation. We also encourage publication in the Journal of Advanced Transportation or the Transportation Research Board.
Expected participants and target groups
We anticipate an audience of 150-250 professionals and an additional 100 university students from several career paths. The main target groups are:
- Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) providers
- Transportation vehicle and system manufacturers
- Transport infrastructure engineering companies
- Architects and builders
- Shared-Mobility and Demand-Response experts
- Private and academic researchers and institutions
- Entrepreneurs in vehicle automation
- Transportation Network Companies
- City planners and transit planners
- Consultants and experts in transportation, urban design and smart cities
- Business and project developers
- Venture capital groups and investors
- Elected officialsWe welcome your half-page abstract to program [at] podcarcity.org on or before April 30. For more information on how to participate as a presenter, please visit the program website, www.podcarcity.org/SiliconValley or contact
Ingmar Andréasson, Program Chair, program [at] podcarcity.org