The Third Martin Lowson Paper Award
A visionary, inventor and entrepreneur in modern ATN systems
ATRA fosters the development of automation and networking to advance the quality and sustainability of transportation, particularly for our urban areas.
The ATRA academic committee has instituted an annual paper award to recognize contributions in that area. The award, which is donated by the Lowson Familiy, has the objective to recognize high quality, original work that advances the thought and practice of fully automated networked public mobility systems.
The submitted work can consist in a Master thesis or a PhD thesis authored and/or published by students within the last 5 years. To qualify as a student, the person must be enrolled at a degree granting institution either at the time of the authorship or publication/presentation of the work, or time of submittal to the ATRA competition. The work can have been previously published as a paper or have received prior awards. The emphasis in the 2017 award is on Automated Transit Networks toward sustainable urban mobility.
The best paper will be presented at the Podcar City Conference 2017 (http://www.podcar.org/), where the winner receives a $500 reward, in addition to a sponsored conference participation.
Contact information: email@example.com
Rules of the competition:
- Submit your thesis or paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 8, 2017.
- ATRA will follow TRB guidelines for a blind peer review and selection process.
- The authors will be notified by September 22, 2017.
- The winner is required to present her/his work at the Podcar City Conference 2017. The participation at the conference will be free of charge and travel expenses up to $500 will be refunded. The winner must submit her/his work as a regular paper, following the formatting rules of the conference.
- The $500 award is handed over at the Podcar City Conference 2017.
- ATRA reserves the right to publish all submitted works on its website